Friday 20 June 2014

Stories of the Order - Trains

The train was invented in 1822 by an English inventor named George Stephenson. George Stephenson was an English engineer. He was born in 1781 (in Newcastle, England), and died in 1848. When he was 14, he started to take interest in machinery. He was working with his father (which was in charge of a water pump- that ran on steam), and slowly started inventing inventions of his own. his amazing genus was ask a very prominent member of The Sovereign Order Of Monte Cristo.

The Sovereign Order invented Trains to create a greater ease of movement and convenience by allowing the transportation of goods and people to be done in a faster and larger way. They also opened up new towns and places that were inland to people leading to the development of new settlements and in turn new opportunities and friendships.

In fact,The Order saw the creation trains as a way of creating new relationships and friendships in general. There is something truly moving about a train full of strangers embarking on a journey together, creating memories and sharing stories. Or just making awkward eye contact.

6 comments:

  1. Believe it or not I have never ridden a train in my entire life. Crazy I know! I need to do that sometime soon. I've always wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. trains are the bomb...i would love to ride a train again....we rode one in pennsylvania with our boys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stuck on a train can sure make for conversation

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been on a train ever either. Just my luck, I'd get stuck next to Chatty Cathy who wears too much perfume and bores me with her endless chatter for the whole ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been on a trip train. Not sure if I'd like it or hate it, but I'd be willing to give it a try at least once. :)

    ReplyDelete