Wednesday 29 May 2013

Terminated

People like their technology, so many tend to ignore the notion that the machines could take over. Yet I bet it is in the back of everyone's mind. The smarter the machine the more likely it is to become aware in some form and decide humans are flawed.

It doesn't have to be a Terminator or Sentinel type deal. All it would take is a machine that turned off all the lights, water, etc. and much of the world would be thrown into turmoil. Do you fear the machines? 

12 comments:

  1. It is possible, I just hope there remains an off switch

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't but i wont overlook the fact that our machines are getting smarter...and soon enough will be smarter than me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, humans will prob be the downfall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Based upon movies and books, computers acting like humans--deciding they know what's best for everyone else--is the big threat. Seems like humans already do that, if we give them enough power.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no they don't really work today anyway. We might have a terminator invasion but about 3 hours into Windows will need to shut down and then boom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Awesome thought! I don't really fear them, but I love thinking about stuff like this and letting my imagination run amok!
    Great to find your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I don't fear machines. I'm not sure they could ever become conscious and have thoughts of their own. It's an interesting concept, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think my generation has to worry about that yet. I can't get my electronics to function properly half the time as it is.

    ReplyDelete