Thursday 9 May 2013

Dumas on TV

There have been many, not known, TV programs of Alexandre Dumas's work as well. With the recent news that a new Three Musketeers show is in the works, I thought I'd look back on some.

The Man in The Iron Mask had a short lived run in 1968, with a total of 9 episodes. All of which are believed to be lost.

The Three Musketeers ran from 1966-1967 for a total of 26 episodes. It's last 16 were retitled The Further Adventures of The Three Musketeers.

Mr. Magoo even took a trip to The Count of Monte Cristo and The Three Musketeers.

The Count of Monte Cristo ran for 39 episodes in 1956.

And there have even been a few animated forms of The Three Musketeers.


Even Wishbone did a take on the Count of Monte Cristo, proving the reach of the novel that much more.

8 comments:

  1. Oh is so saw "Die 3 Musketiere!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids like Wishbone and I like Magoooooooooo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved wishbone as a kid

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha. watched wishbone with my boys....will have to look up that cartoon...that could be pretty cool...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishbone and magoo have been see by me, rest waaaay past my time

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't say I've seen those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love anything from Dumas and the first pics from the new THE MUSKETEERS show look promising! Should be a nice one!

    ReplyDelete